SEO / UX Copywriter:
Apply to Join the Nerd Power Team
SEO/UX Copywriter Position Summary
The SEO/UX Copywriter will support our web development team with creating copy for new and ongoing web projects. They are responsible for taking a researched and measured approach to ensuring that all aspects of the user experience are considered when creating copy for a page. The ideal candidate is able to ensure that style, accuracy, voice, tone and the formatting of all content produced is consistent and can do so for different types of projects and stay on-brand.
We are looking for someone that respects the UX design process and understands their role in it. The right candidate will value completing research exercises that will help guide their use of copy including writing buyer personas, customer journey mapping, etc. have experience in copywriting and editing a variety of digital content including blogs, web pages, whole websites, and landing pages. They will work closely with other members of the content team to assure consistency in the organization’s brand and voice.
You will report to the CEO, and will collaborate with a team of other creatives where you will be expected to provide key information and contribute to the completion of assigned deliverables. Communication is key, openness to feedback, willingness to learn and improve skills are key attributes of candidates that are a fit for this position.
An excited candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. You are motivated by helping clients achieve their vision to do the things that they are awesome at. You take direction well, and offer insightful tips that can help improve the workflow for the team. You are excellence in action; working efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines. You understand standards and the importance of accountability of self and others. You love being creative, asking important questions, can contribute to projects in a way that produces the best deliverables and outcomes possible while using technology to streamline processes and be more efficient. You are organized, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completing user experience research, conducting interviews and fact finding exercises, and presenting findings in the form of buyer personas, customer journey maps, empathy maps, before and after grids, product and/or service matrix, jobs to be done, and other copywriting tasks as part of our discovery and audit process.
- Perform VoC (voice of customer) research, and utilize it to help guide copy decisions and direction in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Defining the semantic flow of pages of web content in order to support our design team in building style guides.
- Preparing copy for headlines, buttons, links, CTAs, etc that help support the user experience.
- Creating compelling, conversion focused copy that keeps users engaged, and supports moving users from one stage in their journey to the next.
- Strategically define site, page, and content hierarchies, taxonomies, categories, etc that are optimized for SEO.
- Analyze user behavior through observational, qualitative, and quantitative methods by interpreting data, and/or performing tests.
- Setup A/B and various other optimization tests.
- Provide guidance on how to improve copy and conversions for existing sites and pages.
- Ensure readability of content by identifying and correcting mistakes in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Check accuracy of facts, dates, names, captions, statistics, etc. located in all content, and properly citing this information accordingly.
- Maintain consistency of the brand by upholding our client’s style guide standards on tense, voice, tone, and the spelling/capitalization of certain words as they relate to our clients brand.
- Create copy, engaging headlines and subheads, proofread, and deep line editing for spelling, grammar, and brand consistency.
- Write direct-response, conversion copy for sales pages and landing pages.
- Providing messaging sequencing for conversion (email sequences), and moving users to different stages of the customer journey.
- Support in other areas such as email, content, and marketing copy to ensure consistency throughout.
- Provide support for pitching new products.
- Provide insights and champion following processes and support with keeping our internal processes updated for our content team.
- Create writing style guides.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- G Suite Applications (Google Docs, Slides, etc)
- Understanding of SEO
- Understanding of, wireframing and UX design process
- Direct-response copywriting
- UX Research
- Team collaboration
Additional Skills (not required)
- Information architecture experience
- Digital Marketer Copywriting Certification
- Hubspot Inbound Certification
- Adobe Creative Suite
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of three years experience as a copywriter on a team with creatives
- Agency experience a plus
Benefits and Salary
- Salary competitive based on proven experience and industry certifications.
- Please submit a portfolio for review.
- This role is available for freelance, part-time and full-time remote candidates.
About Nerd Power Media
Nerd Power Media is a dynamic, fast-paced marketing agency with global reach and impact. We provide high value, high impact services with a focus on quality client services and provable, tracked results. We take pride in educating our internal talent and our clients to build a deep understanding of our industry. We love to nerd out on our craft, and produce amazing results.
If for some reason you have questions or need additional clarity, please do not hesitate to contact Kristin@NerdPowerMedia.com.
Thank you for applying, and we’ll be in touch once we receive your information.
Chief Nerd & CEO
NERD POWER MEDIA